Monday 16 June 2014

Blog update & HST downloads

In advance of my turn on Plum & June's Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop, I've been tidying up the blog a bit and have put up two new downloads available here.  I'm exploring ways to make Half Square Triangles for a post for the Modern Quilt Guild of Ireland page and made up 2 cheat sheets, that I thought would be helpful.

The first is for calculating the starting square you need for a given size of HST to make 4 at a time.  I've put HST unfinished sizes 1 1/2" to 8 1/2" (1" to 8" finished!) and the starting square you will need to create these using the speedy method shown by Missouri Star Quilt Company.  The formula is there to calculate other sizes.  I normally round up to allow a little wiggle room and trim my HST's afterwards!

The second is for the more traditional drawn line method showing how to make 2 at a time and 8 at a time.

I've also updated the Gallery page and added a Photo Friday page, linking to the Tips & Techniques on photography, that I've written about during this blog hop.

We have been critiquing each others blogs and if there is anything you don't like or any improvements you think I could make please let me know.

I am open to all suggestions and want to make this space a place to share links, tips, process of making a quilt and current projects as accessible as I can.

I hope you enjoy the downloads and find them useful! Plum and June

6 comments:

  1. I am thrilled for this cheat sheet, as I would like to make some hourglass blocks but cannot wrap my mind around the math :-(. If someone else can figure it out and so nicely post it, yea!!!
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! A cheat sheet is always welcome. That's a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing your cheat sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! For 4 HST I would sew around the square and cut the diagonal. Is this what you were looking for? Keep going to safe me time to do the maths myself! Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for cheat sheets! Love how your pups have been characterised :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...