Monday 22 February 2016

May the 4th be with you!

I told myself I wasn't going to do any group swaps this year and then I saw this one on Instagram!

May the 4th be with you!
Seriously how was I ever going to be able to pass up a Star Wars Swap?  I even thoroughly enjoyed making this mosaic for my swap partner!  Star wars droids are my favourites and Lego Star Wars has to be the cutest thing ever!!!!

I even have an idea what to make for my partner who chose the Dark Side - boo hiss!!  It has to be Darth Vader really doesn't it?  I saw this lego Vader on pinterest as a cross stitch pattern and it looked like it came from a vinyl sticker but I can't for sure find the designer.  So not wanting to just "borrow" it as a design for my quilt, I decided to change it up a bit.  I modified the face, legs and breastplate and removed the cool flames in the long coat as that was such a lovely design touch by whoever made this guy that I just couldn't use it as my own.
What's with the green?  The plan is glow in the dark fabric!  This is either going to be epic or an epic fail but I've ordered some white fabric off Finch Sewing Studion on Etsy that is supposed to last for 10 years glowing as long as it charges up in sunlight for a few hours every day.  Fingers crossed this works out the way I hope!

In for a penny, in for a pound!  No more swaps after this until I get a quilt made off my to do list - really this time!  Pinky promise!

8 comments:

  1. Have fun with your Darth Vader! The quilts can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it. Glow in the dark fabric sounds so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea and design! I can't wait to see if the glow in the dark fabric works well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epic plan for sure! May the 4th be with U.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glow-in-the-dark Vader? It sounds cool, but I would have to put it in a room other than my bedroom if I didn't want nightmares!
    (I have an R2-D2 alarm clock that shoots the time on the wall as a light beam. Very grown-up. Ahem.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea to use glow in the dark fabric, how light saberish of your quilt! I think you're on the right path to awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be an epic success Ruth! Wow on the glow in the dark fabric! Your partner will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Man! So jealous of whoever gets this amazing mini!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...